Thursday, July 7, 2011

Strawberry Cake

Its that time of year again. Strawberries are ripe and in season and that always makes me want Strawberry cake. And the good thing is that I almost always have the ingredients without having to go to the grocery store. I made this for dessert on the 4th then took the rest to Lauren and Adam's house in Katy the next night. Yummy and easy to put together. Makes a great breakfast too :)
Preheat oven to 350
Butter 10" pie plate (I used the Emile Henry plate Becky got me for Christmas and ended up with beautiful scalloped edges).

Sift 1 1/2 c. flour, 1 1/2 t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt into small bowl
Mix 6 T. butter and 1 c. sugar on medium/high until pale and fluffy.
Reduce to low and mix in 1 egg, 1/4 c. milk, and 1 t. vanilla extract.
Gradually mix in flour mixture and transfer to pie pan.
Arrange strawberries on top of batter (the more the better!)
Sprinkle 2 T. sugar on top

Bake 10 min at 350 then lower heat to 325 and bake until golden brown and firm to the touch (about 1 hr.)
Let cool and cut into wedges.
Happy Summer!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try it! Also, do you have the recipe for the margarita mini cakes that your student teacher made for your school shower? I still think about those, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Katy did send me that recipie, but I can't seem to find it right now...I'll try and kick my brain in gear and find it. They were amazing!

    ReplyDelete